DOWNLOAD HERITAGE'S STUDENT HANDBOOK
(also available in Spanish)
STUDENT CONDUCT INFORMATION
When students conduct themselves in a safe and orderly manner, it promotes a positive school climate for everyone. Students who are not demonstrating appropriate conduct will be asked to correct their behavior. If a student does not, or responds disrespectfully, a discipline referral will be submitted to the office. Students are expected to:
1. Be responsible and respectful toward myself, others, their property, and the Heritage building.
2. Follow instructions from all adult supervisors in the building. This includes giving your name when an adult asks.
3. Use respectful language.
4. Conduct themselves according to the classroom rules of the individual teacher or a substitute teacher.
5. Report to all classes on time and be prepared with all necessary materials.
6. Carry their Student Planner with them at all times.
7. Be in approved areas only.
8. Leave the building within 10 minutes of the final bell at the end of the day, unless they are in a scheduled activity.
Disciplinary actions for violations of these rules of conduct may include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following:
- Meeting with the teacher, counselor, or appropriate principal
- Parent contact;
- Teacher/Team Detention;
- Removal from class;
- Parent conference with school staff;
- Loss of school privileges;
- Modified school programs;.
- Suspension from co-curricular and extra-curricular activities;
- Out-of-school suspension;
- Transfer to another school;
- Referral to police, fire chief, or juvenile authorities;