Heritage E-STEM (Environment, Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Magnet School serves students in grades 5-8. Teachers at Heritage use STEM concepts, along with projects and field experiences related to the environment, to help students learn in new and interesting ways. The result is inquisitive learners, problem solvers and environmental stewards who can see connections between school and real life.
A supportive and respectful community that engages all students through problem solving, collaboration and inquisitive learning.
Heritage's E-STEM vision is to ensure students have the 21st century skills needed to succeed in a global society. Learn more about how the Heritage's vision is incorporated in the E-STEM Magnet Theme.
WHAT'S SPECIAL ABOUT HERITAGE?
- A rigorous, exciting comprehensive curriculum with daily activities related to the Environment, Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
- Students organized into smaller “houses” to encourage development of meaningful relationships between students and staff
- Field experiences at Dodge Nature Center properties
- Yearly school-wide engineering projects
- Extensive extra-curricular opportunities
- Environmental focus in the building including multiple aquariums, terrariums and energy bikes
- Project Lead the Way, which enables students to study automation and robotics, design and modeling, and energy and the environment
- A focus on inquiry that teaches students to ask questions that help them learn
WHAT'S A MAGNET SCHOOL?
Magnet schools integrate specialized themes (magnet programs) that are designed to meet the learning interests and strengths of each child. Students receive instruction in all core-subject areas, but the special theme is embedded throughout the curriculum. Magnet schools are open to all students. Learn more about Heritage's E-STEM Magnet Theme.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Apple Distinguished School, Apple - 2015
Green Ribbon School, U.S. Department of Education - 2013
Apple Distinguished School, Apple - 2013
Healthier U.S. Schools, Gold Level, United States Department of Agriculture - 2012
Magnet School of Distinction, Magnet Schools of America - 2012, 2013, 2016
Download a fact sheet (English/Español) for more information about Heritage.